TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
We are looking for a Manager Account Managers and Trainers, who will report to the UK Sales Director. The person will coach, train and manage the team of trainers who are responsible for the training and onboarding of restaurants on TheFork and for the team of account managers and group account managers who are in charge of maintaining and developing the relations with our clients (the restaurants). The person will also work closely with the country manager and the leadership team to define and execute country strategy. You will manage a team of approximately 10-15 people (subject to change based on business needs).
What You Will Do
Be a leader, "inspiring" and ensuring a positive spirit; managing a team of account managers (for independent restaurants and groups) and trainers
- Ensure our Restaurant portfolio will generate significant more revenue with TheFork month over month, by ensuring the teams sell TheFork solutions to the Restaurants.
- Identify new opportunities for the UK market and translate them into actionable plans to achieve and exceeds teams’ and country’s targets
- Bring your expertise, dynamism, charisma and leadership to achieve and exceeds targets
- Monitor the team’s performance on a daily basis: check the achievements versus targets to ensure the team is on track and put in place corrective measures when needed
- Communicate all necessary information to the team to enable them to fulfill effectively their mission
- Participate in HR processes (recruitment, annual performance reviews,etc.)
Coach, train, motivate individually and as a team
- Animate coaching on specific areas (for ex. selling special offers) and value selling approach
- Help the team optimize the revenue per restaurant KPI and improve sales pitch
- Ensure that account managers meet the ongoing needs of clients while accomplishing individual revenue goals
Commit to process compliance
- Collaborate and interact regularly with other local teams to ensure alignment, good practices sharing and respect of processes
- Coach the team on the importance to comply with the processes
- Be proactive in organizing and optimizing the administrative tasks of the team
Be proactive to propose initiatives that increase the productivity and the performance of the team
- Work with your manager to define clear and measurable objectives and build concrete action plans
- Participate and drive change (product, organization ...)
- Understand and share market trends and conditions (bottom-up and top-down)
Interact efficiently internally to support the team in their daily activity
- Transparent and regular communication with your manager to give a clear overview of the team activities: risks, opportunities etc
- Regularly liaise with all the other departments to define activities and plans to improve business performance and processes
- Weekly touchpoint with Sales Ops to optimize daily activities.
- Work location: 5 days office based (London office)
- Years of experience managing teams (preferably Sales/AMs or similar roles): +5y
- Fully computer literate - MS Office (medium level of Excel skills required) and Salesforce
- Language: fluent English
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) and relationship skills
- Autonomous and familiar to work with KPIs and targets
- Analytical and creative mind, able to identify business needs and build action plans to address them
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational ability, with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent decision-making skills and to handle stressful situations calmly
- Proven coaching skills, model positive energy and inspire the same in the team
- Years of experience in the sector: +6y
- Experience in pitching, selling or managing a team that sold promotions/deals/flash sales
- Knowledge of the revenue management related issue