Imagine yourself working at a successful enterprise SaaS scaleup, part of a young and bright team in Barcelona.
Caravelo’s ambition is to become the preferred digital partner for airlines worldwide, bringing airlines and passengers closer together to drive profitability and foster better engagement throughout the customer lifecycle. Our SaaS platform is used by global airlines including Air Asia, LATAM, Finnair, Eurowings, and TAP Portugal amongst others, to grow revenues, deliver a better customer service through automation and improve their competitive position.
The company is run by experienced and highly talented founders and has shown high growth in the last few years. They are backed by solid VC’s and are one of the most promising players in the industry. The Caravelo strategic business objectives and commercial approach/playbook are well established, as is the leadership team.
The opportunity is big and we are setting up ground-breaking projects, primarily in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. For this reason, we require a Strategic Account Director to build a strong pipeline of opportunities and close deals.
Strategic Account Director (Enterprise sales)
Caravelo is looking for a highly motivated, over-achieving individual contributor who flourishes in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international environment.
The ideal profile is someone with a solid experience in startups in a growth phase (min 5-7m in ARR) as well as in larger organizations selling into the enterprise as a hunter. He/she has the polish and experience to meet C-level face-to-face and the attitude of a trusted advisor. This is a sole contributor role that will be critical to the success of Caravelo in 2020 and beyond.
The Strategic Account Director will be responsible for sales opportunities from identification to close. You will have the experience and confidence to manage senior level relationships and negotiations autonomously. This role is hands-on and 100% focused on building a book of opportunities and business while simultaneously meeting prospects and closing business. Expect frequent (30-40%) international travel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Sell the Caravelo vision to prospects through product demonstrations, “Zoom” video calls, and face-to-face presentations and workshops at CXO, VP, and Director level
- Connect client’s business objectives with Caravelo offerings and solutions
- Get meetings from SDRs and develop/negotiate/close new sales opportunities
- Create and deliver accurate sales forecasts
- Actively collaborate with Product Marketing to define a content strategy that serves sales efficiently and effectively
- Manage and mentor SDRs to improve quantity and quality of qualified first meetings
- Work closely with Customer Success to ensure world-class onboarding and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Assist in creating an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum 5-7 years of on-quota, B2B SaaS applications sales experience with a minimum deal size of 50-100K ARR for the first year
- Experienced in being part of numerous complex and consultative sales engagements, being proactive in leveraging the market potential in finding new opportunities
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, senior management executives
- History of consistent quota over-achievement in highly competitive markets
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- International experience: we highly value a global view
- Teamwork and good verbal and written communication skills a must
- World-class presentation skills and the ability to effectively articulate our value proposition
- Fluent in English is mandatory, other languages are a good plus
- Proficiency in business and sales software such as G Suite applications, SFDC, LinkedIn, and others
- Hands-on attitude, ambitious and passionate
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Highly persuasive with a likeability factor
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary dependent on experience
- Benefits paid from the gross salary (Private health insurance, Transport check, Food check, Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- An office in the heart of Barcelona with great views of the city. Until local government and health professionals say it is safe to work from the office in Barcelona, Caravelo will allow you 100% remote working
- This is a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting environment and be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company
- There are opportunities for international career progression within the organization
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result.